How do I change location of my iTunes library?
Open up iTunes‘ Preferences and go to Advanced. Make sure the “Keep iTunes Media Folder Organized” box is checked. Click the Change button under “iTunes Media Folder Location” and choose your new folder where you want iTunes to reside.
In this way, how do I change where my iTunes library is stored?
Copy items to your iTunes folder when you add them to your iTunes library
- Choose Edit > Preferences, then click Advanced.
- Select the “Copy files” checkbox. The next time you add an item to your library, iTunes places a copy of the file in your iTunes folder; the original file remains in its current location.
How do you consolidate iTunes library?
Consolidate your files in the iTunes folder
- Choose File > Library > Organize Library.
- Select “Consolidate files.”
How do I move my iTunes library to an external hard drive?
Step 2: Move your iTunes Library to an external hard drive
- Quit iTunes.
- Connect your external hard drive to your computer using a USB cable.
- Click on Finder to open a Finder window.
- Select your Mac’s hard drive.
- Click on the Music folder.
- Select iTunes and drag it to the external hard drive.